Baltimore County, Maryland Family Immigration Lawyer

Family Immigration

Families from all over the world dream of permanently residing here in the United States, for multiple reasons. Regardless of your need to live here, you shouldn’t go forward without a seasoned Baltimore County, Maryland family immigration lawyer from our firm. Contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to learn more about how we can assist you.

Family Immigration Lawyer in Baltimore County, Maryland | Here for Your Family

Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC handles a wide array of family immigration matters on behalf of our clients, including the following:

  • Green Cards: Foreign nationals and their relatives can obtain green cards, allowing them to become permanent residents of the United States, under various circumstances, such as through marriage. If you believe you qualify for a green card, you shouldn’t proceed without an experienced Baltimore County, Maryland family immigration lawyer on your side, as the process isn’t always a straightforward one.
  • DACA: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is a United States (DACA) allows certain people who came to the United States unlawfully as children to receive a 2-year period of deferred action from deportation. This status is renewable every two years, however.
  • Conditional Residence: If you immigrated to the United States before the 2-year anniversary of your marriage to a U.S. citizen, you are a Conditional Resident. However, you can remove conditions from your residence by filing an I-751 petition within 90 days of the 2-year anniversary of your marriage. If you fail to do so, you may be deported. Our firm can help ensure you fill out all forms timely and correctly.
  • 601-A Waiver: If you were deemed inadmissible to the United States either for medical reasons, a criminal history, security violations, or illegal entry, in some cases, you may qualify for a 601-A waiver, which can allow you to return to the United States.
  • Fiance Visas: One of the most common areas of family immigration law our firm handles are fiance visas. Foreign nationals marrying U.S. citizens is also one of the most common means for foreign nationals to become U.S. citizens themselves. U.S. citizens who are engaged to foreign nationals may apply for a K-1 visa. If granted, their fiance can enter the country legally, though the two parties must get married within 90 days. As long as they do, the foreign national can apply to adjust their status and become a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
  • Adjustment of Status: Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to receive an adjustment of status, obtain a green card, and permanently live and work here in the United States. Various circumstances may warrant an adjustment of status, including qualifying family, employment, or refugee/asylum scenarios.
  • 3-10 Year Bar: If you or a loved one are a foreign national who entered the United States but left for at least six months while out-of-status, you may be barred from re-entering the United States for 3 or 10 years. This is true even if you’re married to a U.S. citizen or have children in the U.S. Fortunately, in some cases, such as if we can prove your immediate family member would suffer undue hardship in your absence, we may attain a bar waiver, which will allow you to remain in the United States.

If you have any additional family immigration concerns not mentioned above, don’t hesitate to reach out to our compassionate immigration firm for assistance.

Contact a Baltimore County, Maryland Family Immigration Lawyer

If you’re facing any family immigration matter, you can rely on Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC to fight for the outcome you and your loved ones deserve and need. If you have any further questions or you would like to begin the process, contact us today.