Issues within a marriage or family are often best kept private. Unfortunately, sometimes, these issues are far too complicated to handle alone. If you are looking to get divorced, need assistance with a child custody agreement, or otherwise need a competent Baltimore County, Maryland family law attorney to assist you through any family law matter, you’ve come to the right place. Continue reading and contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.
Family Law Attorney Serving Clients in Baltimore County, Maryland
Issues concerning family law are often sensitive, complex, and should always involve the assistance of a seasoned legal team. Hiring the wrong attorney to handle your case can have a drastic impact on you and your family’s future. Sheri Hoidra, Esq. of Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC has over a decade of experience representing clients facing various family law issues in Baltimore County and throughout Maryland, and she can put that experience to work for you. Our firm is compassionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to our clients, and this will be clear from the moment you walk through our doors.
Our Family Law Services
The legal team here at Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC handles a wide array of family law matters on behalf of our clients. Just some of the legal matters we can help you with are as follows:
- Divorce: Whether you’re in a contested or an uncontested divorce, the process can be a daunting one. As your legal team, our job is to protect your assets, your children, and your goals for your future. We are here to help you start this next chapter of your life off on the right foot. Don’t hire just any legal team to represent you at this critical time; hire a legal team who truly cares.
- Alimony: Alimony is among the most fiercely-contested issues in a divorce. Frequently, one spouse will believe they’re entitled to a greater amount of alimony than the other spouse is willing to pay. When couples can’t agree on alimony terms, courts will have to consider various factors and determine what they see as a fair and just alimony agreement. If you’re seeking alimony, our firm can fight for the agreement you need to preserve your standard of living. If you believe your spouse is seeking unfair alimony terms, we can work to protect what’s yours.
- Child Custody: If you’re a divorcing parent and you can’t agree on a parenting plan with your spouse, the court will have to determine a custody agreement that works in your child’s best interest. As you can imagine, a judge certainly doesn’t know as much about your child as you do, and it’s not uncommon for parents to feel as though the judge didn’t get their custody agreement right. That’s why it’s best to hire an experienced Baltimore County, Maryland family law attorney who can fight for your child’s best interests from the start.
- Child Support: If you’re a custodial parent, you’re most likely entitled to some sort of child support. This financial support is made to help you pay for food, clothes, and other essentials. Though Maryland has a formula in place to determine child support, courts will consider a wide array of additional factors when deciding on a specific support agreement. Competent legal counsel in your corner can help ensure your voice is heard.
- Property Distribution: Equitable distribution is a part of any divorce where a couple has not drafted a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement and cannot agree on who gets to keep which property. Often, the equitable distribution process results in one spouse losing certain assets he or she considers a top priority, such as their home. Real estate is far from the only thing up for grabs in a divorce, however; in many cases, jointly-held bank accounts, retirement assets, stock options, vehicles, and more may also be up for equitable distribution, which is why it’s in your best interests to retain the services of a competent attorney who can fight for your hard-earned assets from the start. Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC is here.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence or abuse of any kind is unthinkable and inexcusable. Unfortunately, many victims of domestic violence will simply weather the storm or even make excuses for the abuser. Don’t make this mistake. If you’re a survivor of domestic violence, the most important thing you can do is to seek help. If you’re in immediate danger, call the police. You should also call our firm, as we can help you seek a protective order against the abuser and ensure you and your child (if you have one) are safe. We understand that we have a tremendous responsibility to clients who’ve been made victims of domestic abuse, and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Your safety and future are our top priority.
Contact Us Today!
There is nothing more important than your family. Here at Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC we understand that the outcome of your case will likely impact you and your family for months, or even years into the future, which is why you have our pledge to fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf, no matter the legal issue at hand. Contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our experienced and dedicated legal team.