Baltimore County, Maryland Temporary Travel Visas Lawyer

Temporary Travel Visas
usa visa

Many people from other countries look to travel to the United States, either on business, to visit relatives, or to simply take a relaxing vacation. If you’re looking to visit the United States, our Baltimore County, Maryland temporary travel visas lawyer is here to help. Contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to learn more.

Temporary Travel Visas Lawyer Serving Baltimore County, Maryland

Though temporarily visiting the United States doesn’t seem like it would be a huge deal, the truth is, applying for and receiving a temporary travel visa is a document-heavy and sometimes complex process, which is why it’s always best to proceed with an experienced Baltimore County, Maryland immigration lawyer in your corner.

Types of Temporary Travel Visas

The two main types of temporary travel visas are as follows:

  • B-1 Visa: A B-1 visa, also known as a business visa, is for those looking to attend professional business conventions/conferences, consult with business associates, negotiate contracts, or settle an estate.
  • B-2 Visa: A B-2 visa, also known as a tourism visa, is for those looking to vacation in the United States, visit with friends, receive medical treatment, or otherwise stay a short time here in the U.S.

Those who are looking to work, study, or become permanent residents of the United States will not qualify for travel visas, and must instead apply for other visas. If you fall under one of these categories, our firm can direct you to the visa most appropriate for your situation.

Applying for a Temporary Travel Visa

First, you and your attorney will complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160, and submit your photo in the proper format. From here, you will most likely have to schedule an interview with a consular officer at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your county. You will most likely have to pay a non-refundable visa application fee before your interview. .

The Interview

Before attending your interview, you will have to prepare various documentation, including a passport, an application fee payment receipt, your photo, and the Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page. In some cases, you will also have to provide proof that you are able to pay all costs of your trip, as well as state the purpose of your trip and confirmation that you intend to leave the United States after your trip.

At your interview, you will have to submit digital fingerprints. Once granted your visa, you will most likely have to pay a visa issuance fee and arrange for the return of your passport and visa.

Renewing Your Visa

If you are looking to extend your stay here in the United States past the initial date set for your return to your country, you will have to file a request with USCIS on Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your stay expires.

Contact an Experienced Temporary Travel Visa Lawyer Today!

If you’re looking to visit the United States and you believe you qualify for a temporary travel visa, our firm is here to help. Contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to learn more about how we can assist you through the process.