Whether you’re someone who is looking to work in the United States, operate a business, or even trade with the United States, you’ll need some sort of work visa to do so. Our experienced Baltimore County, Maryland employment immigration lawyer can help you navigate the process ahead. Contact Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Employment Immigration Lawyer in Baltimore County, Maryland
Whether you’re applying for a temporary work visa or a permanent work visa, you can rely on a Baltimore County, Maryland immigration lawyer from our firm to inform you of your options and determine your best path forward. Employment immigration matters are often complex and document-heavy, which is why it’s always best to have a competent attorney on your side.
Temporary Work Visas in the United States
Even those seeking temporary employment in the U.S. must go through a sometimes complex application process. The visa you’re eligible for depends on your line of work and your degree of skill. The various temporary work visa categories are outlined below:
- H-1B: This temporarily employs workers in a specialty occupation
- H-2B: For temporary non-agricultural workers
- L-1A & L-1B: Intracompany transferees who are employed in executive, managerial positions, or are persons with specialized knowledge of a field
- O: For people who possess extraordinary ability in certain fields, particularly in the arts and science
- P-1: These are for athletes and entertainers from abroad
- P-2: For athletes and entertainers who are coming to perform as part of an exchange program
- P-3: For Artists and entertainers who are coming to teach as part of a cultural program
- Q-1: To participate in an international cultural exchange program
- R-1: For religious workers
Permanent Work Visas
For many immigrants, their goal is to ultimately live and work permanently here in the United States. Though it’s not always easy, there are various potential routes to receiving a permanent work visa. Typically, obtaining a permanent visa will depend on your level of skill and the labor market in the United States at the time. Simply put, those who have exceptional skill or experience in a given field, or those looking to work in a field that is lacking in qualified U.S. workers who are willing to do the job stand the best chance of obtaining permanent work visas. Categories of permanent work visas in the U.S. are as follows:
- EB-1 Visa: For people of extraordinary ability in athletics, science, the arts, etc.
- EB-2 Visa: For people with advanced degrees
- EB-3 Visa: Primarily for skilled workers and professionals, though some unskilled workers may also qualify
- EB-4 Visa: For “special immigrants”
- EB-5 Visa: Also known as the investor visa; it’s for people who invest at $1 million in an enterprise that will employ at least 10 full-time U.S. workers
Contact a Baltimore County, Maryland Employment Immigration Lawyer
If you believe you are eligible for either a temporary or permanent work visa here in the United States, please do not hesitate to speak with our experienced Baltimore County, Maryland employment immigration lawyer at once. Our legal team is here to help you and your family make a living in the U.S. Contact us today so we can get started.