Oftentimes, there are few things that are more important than living in and working in the United States for an immigrant. If you are an individual of distinction or with a unique ability, you may be eligible for an EB-1 visa. Keep reading and reach out to a skilled Baltimore County, Maryland employment immigration lawyer to learn more about these visas, how they work, and how we can help you obtain one. Here are some of the questions you may have about the process:
Do I qualify for an EB-1 visa?
To begin, as previously stated, in order to be eligible for an EB-1 visa, you will have to establish that you show extraordinary ability in your field. EB-1 visas are presented to those proficient in a variety of fields, including the arts, education, athletics, sciences, or business. That said, it takes more than simply being “good” at something to qualify; you must demonstrate that you’ve reached “sustained national or international acclaim” as a result of your skills.
How can I get an EB-1 visa?
When applying for this visa, you will have to submit numerous different forms of documentation, including your passport, any employment offers you have received from U.S. employers, your authorized labor certification, your DS-260 confirmation page, and the approved petition for you to work in the U.S. You’ll also need to supply proof of at least three of the following:
- Received national or internationally recognized prizes or awards for your successes in the field
- Had artistic, scientific, or other original work published and recognized/displayed in some way
- Been asked to judge the work of others
- You are a member of certain organizations that require outstanding achievement
- You’ve been in a leading or very important role in a distinguished organization/association
- You’ve had material such as books, articles, or news stories published about you
- You are paid higher than others in your field
- Proof of commercial successes in the performing arts
Should I hire a lawyer to help me get this visa?
Yes. If you are encountering an immigration matter of any sort, it’s always best to continue with a skilled attorney on your side. Our firm can make sure that all deadlines are attained and that the process moves along as smoothly as you can. We have assisted several individuals in getting their EB-1 visas over the years, and we are more than ready to help you as well. Give us a call today so we can start working on your claim with a dedicated Baltimore County, Maryland immigration lawyer.
CONTACT OUR BALTIMORE COUNTY FIRM
Sheri Hoidra Law Office, LLC is an immigration law firm. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our knowledgeable legal team so that we can work toward giving you peace of mind and a bright future in the United States.